Monday, February 11, 2008

"Ctrl + ." & Express Edition Issue

Another cool feature in VS2008 (and maybe previous versions) is the "Ctrl + ." shortcut. If you know you want to use a specific class, but can't remember what namespace it is in; just type in the class name and hit "Ctrl + .". You will see some "intellisense" that will allow you to either enter the namespace before the current text or add a using statement at the top of the file.

Another note, if you are using VS 2008 to do any web development, make sure to install the new performance fixes found here.

Now for the issue, I wanted to create a database project to hold onto all my database scripts for my "personal project". I looked everywhere in VS 2008 C# Express Edition and the Web Developer Express Edition. Couldn't find it. I did some research and found out that the express editions do not have an option to create a Database Project or a Web Application Project. So I'll have to manage the scripts by myself :@

0 comments: