Monday, February 18, 2008

RDP and Dynamic IP

This past weekend I was back at my house (I have an apt where I work and that's where my main computer is) and wanted to work on my phone number project. Of course I can't seem to remember what my external IP is, so I can't connect to my desktop. In order to prevent this from happening again, I decided that I'm going to write a windows service that will run all of the time. Every so often (half hour or maybe hour) it can check what my external IP is and if it has changed since the last time it checked, send me an email (which I can get to anywhere). I'm going to have to use Visual Studio 2005, since VS2008 Express Editions don't like you create a windows service (among a lot of other things). I'll post some code when I get something that works alright.

0 comments: